Have you been busy setting up New Year’s resolution this last week? Promised to go on a diet, quit smoking, cut out caffeine or sugar, spend less money or leave the job that drives you to distraction? Or perhaps this is the year that you’re no longer going to be single?
I’m not a fan of resolutions. I never make them.
Bear with me, and I’ll explain why….
Quite often resolutions are about saying no or denying yourself of something.
That’s why resolutions can feel like hard work! We’re waiting for that moment when we can stop sacrificing what we’ve given up and get back to normal.
Resolutions therefore tend to be relatively short lived and we soon slip back into our old ways and habits.
So what do you do instead? You become really clear on what you DO want.
This is about creating a different life for yourself longer term. One that you can get excited about and one that is lasting.
With continuous new action that feels good, you will create new habits that work better for you and will be life changing.
Make this the year that you start saying YES to what you want your life to be like!
So, Say YES to a healthier lifestyle, moving more, eating better, hydrating your body or simply respecting your body and all it does for you. Or, say YES to a job you love, waking every morning excited about your day, being kinder to yourself and others. Say YES to having a healthy savings account, beautiful holidays, your dream car, spoiling the people you love to spend time with. Say YES to confidence, self care, self love. Say YES to small random acts of kindness to others and make their day. Say YES to living YOUR dreams (not someone else’s) and SAY YES to your purpose.
Say YES to YOU
When you put yourself first and say yes to you, you’ll find yourself moving more naturally towards what you want as you take action in new and different ways.
And as a result you’ll move away from what you didn’t want in the first place.
Here are 5 things to get you started saying YES to YOU
- Set an intention. Ditch the resolutions and instead set yourself an intention stating what you DO want. Start with 1 or 2 so you don’t feel overwhelmed.
- Get specific. When do you want these intentions by? What do the finer details of your intention look like? How will you know when you get there?
- Be creative. Write it in the present tense, as though you’ve already achieved it. This way you know it’s a possibility. Be clear about how you feel when you’ve achieved your goal too.
- Make it visible. Get out your post-it notes and write down your intention. Stick it somewhere you will see it every day…in the kitchen or on the bathroom cabinet. Be proud of your intention.
- Affirm it. Say your intention out loud every time you look at it. The more you say it the more you will know it’s possible and the quicker you’ll get there.
Remember: Start small and build from there.
P.S. What two things do you want to start saying YES to? What have you been putting off lately? Who do want to be and what do you want your life to look like? This is the year to start putting these things into action so you can have the life you truly want.
P.P.S Reply by email – I’d love to hear how you are getting on, or let me know if you’re struggling and need a little inspiration to make a start!? email@example.com